Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hargoth's Adventure - Day 9-11

24-26 Last Seed

It's been a strange and draining few days. I woke up a few mornings ago feeling physically empowered.

I sold off some goods, and continuing my circuit between Balmora and Vivec, I headed towards Pelagiad to hunt down the Verethi gang. Without much incident, I reached the town, and was directed to the gang's hideout in a nearby cave.

Inside I was quickly ambushed by a female warrior, and I was dismayed by how well she held her own. I was low on potions and knew I wouldn't last long if everyone in the gang fought as well as her, so after killing her I retreated to the town. I sold some more extraneous gear to the local trader. I find it humorous how merchants immediately start wearing any quality gear you give them upon finishing the trade.

I then bought a room in the nearby inn and then crashed on the bed until I woke up several hours later, feeling refreshed.

I must have had a lot of experience built up, because what follows is a shameful cycle of defeating one or two enemies, resting to level up and restore health, and repeating. I returned to my mission, and found another foe, more easily dispatched this time.

Don't bring a knife to an axe fight. Creeping forward in the cave, I spotted another woman with a huge blade, and decided to regroup again before taking her on.

I meditated in my room, and then came back to take her down with some difficulty. That sword was insane. Two solid whacks could kill me. Moving forward, I found the first male gang member, a weakling of a spellcaster who fell on my axe. Left on the cutting room floor: I first tried using that huge sword on the next guy, but I realized halfway through him killing me that I simply wasn't hitting him at all. The sword's great, but since my sword skill was so pitiful I just couldn't use it. I had even sold my axe without realizing my mistake. Not having a save recent save before doing so, I had to go and buy back the proper weapon at a loss. Morrowind's really less forgiving than Oblivion with stuff like this. I pushed on an encountered another magic user, although this one had a nice axe and knew how to use it. I barely slew him before he did me in.

That was close. I went back to town to rest my weary flesh once again.

I entered the cave for the last time, and tracked down Verethi. He was a worthy foe, but the task was paying off in supplies and equipment even before I collected the bounty on his head. I saw Lorbumol and paid him Lirielle's debt out of my own pocket, a total equal to what I was promised for Verethi's head. I don't like this guy too much. He promoted me to Warder, and gave me a contract for a woman called Adraria. I wandered around Vivec, getting a feel for the city, and then took a Silt Strider to Seyda Neen to track down my target. She was a tax collector, and the door into their warehouse was locked. I used a magic ring I found to unlock it, but a guard spotted me. I paid him the fine, and then he wandered away as I walked into the building anyway. I don't really understand these guys. Upstairs I found Adraria, but there was another guard right in the room, and while talking to her I couldn't figure out why Lorbumol had a contract for her. I really don't like that guy too much.

Ignoring the job for now, I took another Silt Strider to Balmora and talked to Eydis, who rewarded me for Verethi and gave me another job to kill a Hunter that was defiling a nearby tomb. I took the job, and decided to rest for the night before going after the creature. I think I'm tiring of these contracts and will probably see Caius again soon.

1 comment:

Inasnum said...

Mobs automatically wear the most effective weapons and armor in their inventory.