Monday, August 4, 2008

Introduction

This is Morroweblog. A portmanteau of Morrowind and weblog, isn't that hilarious? After spending a long time playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and calling it my favorite game of 2006, I decided to get the prequel with the expansions and see how well it holds up. In order to make the experience more entertaining, I also decided to make a blog chronicling my time playing the game. I can't guarantee I'll stick with it, but I'm going to give it a try.

I'm going to write in character, to see how well I can do the whole "role playing" thing. I'll probably write it like a journal, with an entry recapping the last however many days since the last post. Since I'm highly likely to use more than one character (I played four in Oblivion, and joining certain factions disallows you from joining others in Morrowind), that means multiple personalities I'll have to come up with and balance, if I decide to do them all here. If it seems like certain characters might cross paths if they existed in the same game, I might end up making something up for that, we'll see. I'll add pictures too, although I can't guess how frequent or useful they'll be.

If I decide I want to make an out of character comment, I'll write it in italics. If I don't give myself this liberty then the desire to point out the game's faults could just become too great, and something bad could happen. I'll also add links to useful info if it helps explain things better.

With that out of the way, here's hoping this experiment adds to the fun of the game more than it detracts.

No comments: