Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nerevar's Quest - Part 4



Ajira had another job for me, this time to find some various flowers at a lake not far away.






On the way there I passed the fort again, and then came across another rat. I used the fire spell against him, but I wasted a lot of Magicka getting it to work. That's what potions are for though, if I need it.




I took the path towards Suran as directed, and started searching along the shore for the flowers I needed.




While looking at the plants I was attacked by a small slaughterfish, a danger known in the waters across the lands. I killed it with my knife and took its scales to use later. I reread the directions Ajira gave me and noticed that the flowers were supposed to be by the path along the lake, not by the lake itself, and so I climbed back up to search around.




I soon found what I came for, picked the flowers and walked back to Balmora.



Once I got there it started to storm pretty heavily.



Ajira thanked me with more potions and then asked me to get her a ceramic bowl from the trader. A bowl! I'm doing all her work for her and now I'm running errands?




My temper soon went away when I realized how much she overpaid me for the service, though. With a little rat meat to sweeten the deal, it only cost one of the ten drakes she gave me.



I gave Ajira the bowl, but she had a bigger concern when I got back, somehow her reports for the promotion had gone missing.




I suspected it was the Elf I had helped sabotage earlier, but of course she gave no indication of guilt.



The Guild Steward wasn't much help, but a man named Marayn suggested I was not off base. The reports weren't in the thief's desk or on her person, so I decided to look for where she may have hid them.




Not far from her was one, and the other was hidden downstairs. Only took a bit of searching.



Ajira thanked me with more potions, but said she didn't have any other things for me to do, at least for now.



I spoke with Ranis the steward, and she promoted me to Evoker and gave me a couple new tasks near Marandus, quite a fair walk from Balmora. It was storming out still and getting late, so I decided to wait until the morning. These updates have been a bit brief, but the next one should be more substantial. Soon our character might start getting some real experiences under her belt.

No comments: