Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nerevar's Quest - Part 3




I agreed to join the guild. They recommended I go elsewhere to find duties instead, and Balmora was the closest location. I guess I'm going there after all. They also told me about some trouble on the island of Solstheim. I might have to check it out.










As the sun was setting, I decided to stop in Pelagiad as Balmora was still a way's off.




Inside the inn I found Nels, but he didn't have much to say.




I bought a room and got my first sleep on dry land in quite some time.




I set out early in the morning, and soon it began to rain.





I encountered a large rat,and killed it with some more of my fire spell. On its corpse I found my first alchemical ingredient. I've been a bit rusty, so I'm eager to brew up some new potions.




I snuck past another rat and moved along towards Balmora.




I passed a large fort on the way, and in the morning fog I saw the town of Balmora built around a flowing river.




A local of my own kind directed me to the guild hall for the town.



Inside I took some useful supplies from the chest available to all members, and then asked about duties. I was directed to a low ranking Khajiit named Ajira.




She told me she needed some mushrooms to finish a report. I didn't like the idea of doing her work for her, but as her inferior in the guild I accepted.






I followed the river out of town south as instructed, and came to the wooden bridge. I found a way over the steep hills near a camp.





Now in the swamps, I quickly found a couple of the ingredients I needed. All that was left were a couple varieties that grew on trees.



It wasn't long before I found those too, and quickly retraced my steps towards town.






I made it back to town and went to see Ajira.




She returned the favor with some healing potions and then gave me another task - to sabotage another member's report. It seemed she was competing for the promotion.





I passed my victim on the way upstairs, and then placed the fake soul gem in her desk as I was asked. It felt nice to be sneaky again. Slipping past rats just doesn't have the same thrill.





Ajira thanked me, although she didn't have a reward this time. I went to see the guild steward though, and she promoted me all the way to journeyman for my efforts. I think I might fit in here.

No comments: