Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hargoth's Adventure - Day 16

1 Hearthfire (Hey, a new month!)

I woke early after another strange dream and decided to finish the job in Vivec. The third informant was supposed to be in the temple library, so I went there and met Mehra Milo. After going to the back of the library to avoid snooping, she told me some more about the Sixth House and told me I should get a copy of "Progress of Truth" for Caius. There was a copy under guard in the library, but I thought it would be easier to find a copy somewhere else. I tried first at Jobasha's shop, and sure enough, he had a copy. It wasn't cheap, but it was easier than trying to take on city guards. I took a Silt Strider back to Balmora and traded potions with Sharn before I brought all the new information back to Caius. After a promotion to Journeyman, he gave me another job to win over an Ashlander named Hassour in Ald'ruhn. Apparently he still didn't have enough information on the Nerevarine. I'm not even sure I understand the whole thing.

Okay, Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec (not the city) are the Tribunal, the traditional gods of Morrowind. The Sixth House worships Dagoth Ur, another god that betrayed the others. The Nerevarine cult, a group of Ashlanders, think the Tribunal are false gods, and revere Nerevar, a warrior who died long ago. They have a prophecy of the Nerevarine, who is the reincarnation of Nerevar, and will drive the foreign invaders out of Morrowind. The cult seems to think that all of the gods are partly responsible for Nerevar's death. I'm not sure who's really at fault here, but the Sixth House seems to think Dagoth is coming back, and I think he's the one in my dreams.

I took a Silt Strider back to Ald'ruhn and arrived in the middle of a large sandstorm. I found Hassour in a higher scale inn. I asked him a few questions about Ashlander tradition and gifts, and he mentioned an affinity for poetry. I went to the local book shop and bough a book of poems, which I bought and gave to Hassour, who accepted it graciously.

He told me some more about his people and the Nerevarine, and I thanked him and left to see Caius. I was promoted again to Finder, and he told me about the Emperor's plan. I was selected to come here in the first place because I'm a good candidate to pass for the Nerevarine himself, and the Emperor was interested in seeing more about this. Caius seems to think I might even be the real thing. They want me to see some cultists up north in the Urshilaku camp of Ashlanders about it, but first Caius told me to see a couple guys at Moonmoth named Somutis and Crulius about supplies.

They gave me some potions and scrolls to protect myself against diseases such as Blight, which seem to be a problem up north. I thanked them for the help, bought a few more health potions, and then went back to Balmora for the night. I found some fresh supplies in the shared Fighters Guild chest and then came down here to the barracks to rest.

No comments: